Friday, July 2, 2010

My blogging experience

Nowadays, people use internet specially to interact with other persons. Many web pages like facebook, blogger and tweeter are really popular in this way, receiving millions of visits any day. This kind of web sites offers the possibility of chare experiences and opinions, even with persons in other countries and with other languages. However, blogs are different to facebook and tweeter because allow writers to express their opinion in a more extensive way. Also, comments in blogs create an instance of arguing between the writer of the post and the readers around the word. In this English class, the students had the opportunity to use this kind of sites to practice writing and use of vocabulary. Every week, we must create a post about a certain topic given by the teacher with a specific quantity of words. Now I´ll write about my blogging experience in this semester of classes.

I really enjoy this matter of blogs. I already have a blog in Spanish, and I write in it every time. I love writing in Spanish, so the idea of write in English was really interesting to my since the beginning. Now with this blog in English I could experiment with another language, and get rid about my ability in English grammar. Although I had some mistakes in conjugation and vocabulary, it really helps me to improve my English and to express myself in ways that I had never imagined. The English blog also helps me in my speaking, because now I can keep a fluid and natural dialog in this language. I know that I`m better in English now and I could talk in English without fears. Someday, a foreign person left a comment in one of my posts. I think this is proves my improvement in this topic.

Of course, blogging has pros and contras. The advantages of blogs are, as I said before, that you can practice your vocabulary and grammar. Other advantage is that teachers and class mates could help you leaving comments in your posts, so you can figurate the mistakes immediately. In the other way, the principal disadvantage is the time limit. In some cases, the students couldn`t write the idea because we have 90 minutes to write all the post. The time limit makes people to think quickly about the topic of the post, forcing you to synthesize your ideas.
Personally, I think the advantages of blogging are more important than the disadvantages. I really promote the blogs as a way of practice. As a recommendation, I suggest review all the post after you write it. Also, dictionaries are really useful when you have doubts. Finally, try to write your ideas in a simple way. This will help the readers to understand your ideas correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment