Friday, May 28, 2010

Criminal laws

I don`t think the capital punishment is a good solution, because this method is focused in "eliminating" criminals, not the delinquency.

The pro of capital punishment is the efectiveness in persuading criminals, because this method threat people with dead in case they commit a crime.

The principal defect of capital punishment is the moral aspect of the method. This aspect has generated many discussions between defenders of the capital punishment and people who think that this attempts on the human life.

I think the cause of criminality is the hight rate of inequality in the country, and also the low access to education in the case of poor people. This last reason is the most important for me, because with a good education it is easier to get a good job. That is the reason because I think the government must improve education and the access to it for it to reduce criminality in Chile.

Fortunately, I have never been victim of a crime. My family sometimes have been victim of pick pocketing, but only because they are absent-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment